Serves 5 | Prep/cooking 65 mins
- 250g chickpeas
- 1tbs baking soda
- 10g garlic
- 75g olive oil
- 350g tahini
- 250g lemon juice
- 4 ice cubes
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of paprika&parsley (optional)
1. Soak the chickpeas in cold water overnight (minimum of 10 hours) adding baking soda .
2. The next day, remove the water and pour into a pot, add water and bring to boil over a high flame. Skim off foam that comes to surface. then once the water boils, lower the heat until the chickpeas have softened, around 20 minutes (it will break between your fingers).
4. Drain the chickpeas but keep about 1 cup of the water in the pot. Set aside to cool while you prepare the other ingredients. Keep about 1/4 cup of the chickpeas for garnish.
5. Make a creamy paste by adding the chickpeas in a food processor for a few minutes, then add ice cubes, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. taste to adjust seasoning.
6. Pour the hummus in a bowl, garnish with the whole chickpeas and a little extra-virgin olive oil , parsley and sprinkling of paprika are optional.
7. Serve with bread.
OTHER HUMMUS RECIPES