- 500g Australian flat iron steak (1-1.5mm thickness)
- 5-6 tbsp hummus
- 3-4 tbsp tahini
- 1 large red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 large tomato (cut into cubes)
- Pinch of finely chopped parsley
- Arabic pickles
- Saj bread (one wrap per shawarma)
- Salt to taste
- Place the thinly sliced flat iron steak on a hot grill and season with salt.
- Sear each side of the meat until it starts to color and caramelize. This should only take a minute or two on each side.
- Remove the meat from the direct heat, cover with the lid and cook on low and slow heat for around 10 minutes until deliciously tender.
- Prepare a sheet of the saj bread by spreading 1 tbsp of hummus and 2 tbsp tahini first, and then place the thinly sliced red onion, tomato, parsley and pickles onto the bread.
- Add the steak.
- Fold the bottom longest edge first, then the sides and roll the saj bread. Enjoy!
OTHER RECIPES BY MLA