Osmalieh Nest & Garnish
- 120g osmalieh dough
- ½ cup ghee
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup rose petal
- ¼ cup chopped medjool dates
White Chocolate Mascarpone Cream
- 100 g milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50 g honey
- 225 g white chocolate
- 200 g mascarpone cheese
For the nest
- Preheat oven to 175 ͦC and brush a mini muffin pan with ghee.
- Cut an 8” long strand of osmalieh dough and wrap it tightly along your finger to form a nest. Put them in the pan.
- Drizzle with more ghee; season with cardamom & cinnamon then bake 10 to 15 min or until golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool down.
For the cream
- In a small bowl, put the chocolate with vanilla & honey.
- In a small pot, simmer milk then add it to the chocolate bowl and mix very well. Cover and store it in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the fridge; on a low speed, start mixing it and add the mascarpone cheese gradually until you get a creamy texture.
- Using a piping bag, fill the nest with the prepared cream and garnish it with pistachios, rose petal & dates. Serve it with simple sugar syrup.
- You can use butter instead of ghee or even a mixture from both.
- Very Important to leave the chocolate ganache in the fridge for overnight before using it.