- 80g caster sugar
- 330ml whole milk
- 55g egg (one big egg)
- 33g corn Starch
- 2g vanilla caviar (or vanilla powder)
- 33g butter
Minted Mango Coulis
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 tbsp lemon Juice
- 6 tbsp fresh Mint
- 4 tbsp iced water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
3 lasagna sheets
- Add the milk and vanilla caviar into a saucepan, over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- While the milk is being heated, place sugar, corn starch & egg with a pinch of salt, in a bowl, and whisk until obtaining a thick & smooth mix, as soon as the milk starts to bubble, remove it from heat, and slowly pour half of it over eggs mix, to temper the eggs, then add them back to the hot pan, while whisking vigorously until it thickens.
- Add butter cubes for a richer texture.
- It is usually made with pastry cream to which we add gelatine, and we mix it with whipped cream, you can also thicken it without gelatine add, then spread it and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Cool down at room temperature, then in fridge until completely chilled.
- For the whipped cream, usually one cup of heavy cream gives you 2 cups whipped cream, all you need is to chill the cream, the only ingredient to add to it is a pinch of vanilla, and whip it until medium peak.
Boil them, put them on dry towel, and fry them , you will have crunchy golden lasagna sheets.
- Blend above ingredients together, until smooth, and keep refrigerated.
- Remove pastry cream from fridge, mix it with a spatula to one cup of whipped cream
Either you do it in a deconstructed way, or layers as a mille feuille with pieces of fresh mango, and the minted mango coulis.