- 500 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 225 g canned pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Black pepper & salt to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from the can)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Stir all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Season shrimp with black pepper and salt.
- Combine batter ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Dip shrimp in batter and directly deep fry in hot oil until golden and crispy.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- In a large wok heat vegetable oil and stir fry onion, red and green pepper for 1 min.
- Add pineapple and sauce. Stir over medium heat until it starts boiling.
- Add shrimp to the wok and toss to combine. Leave over medium heat for 1 min until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
OTHER RECIPES BY FARAH’S CUISINE