- 1.4kg baking potatoes
- 200g mascarpone
- 4 eggs yolk
- White pepper
Grana padano cream
- 100g Grana Padano cheese
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 25ml white wine like Chardonnay
- 150ml chicken stock
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300ml cream
- 30g black truffle (½ grated – ½ sliced)
- White pepper
- 2 chicken carcasses or
- 500g of trimmings
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- Bunch of thyme
- 3 tomatoes
- 50ml red wine
- 35g fresh truffles
For the gnocchi potato
- Wrap the potatoes with aluminum foil and add some coarse salt to a tray. Bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. To test if ready, try one potato with a knife – it should go in easily.
- Peel the potatoes when they are still warm and pass through a sieve.
- Stir in egg yolks and mascarpone.
- Finally, add the flour and seasoning.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag. Make long potato strips and divide them into balls.Chill them in the fridge.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water with salt and olive oil.
- When the gnocchi come back to the top, take out and let them cool down for a bit.
For the Grana Padano cream
sauté onion in olive oil then lightly toast the garlic.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Pour the chicken stock and reduce by half again.
- Add the cream, the trimmings of truffles and grated Grana Padano cheese.Season with salt and pepper.
For the chicken jus
- Roast the chicken carcass or trimmings for 25 to 45 minutes or until browned.
- Cook the onion, carrot, and tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat and add red wine. Boil, stirring occasionally until wine is reduced.
- Add carcass pieces and water to cover. Return to the boil over high heat; reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- Pour the jus through a fine strainer, add salt and pepper to taste.
For the black truffles
Slice the truffles with a fine slicer and keep the trimmings for the sauce.
For the assembly
- Preheat the gnocchi with some butter and check the seasoning.
- Pour some Grana Padano cream in the plate.
- Add the remaining ingredients and garnish with Parmesan shavings, chicken jus and slices of fresh truffle.