- 500g all-purpose flour
- 250 fine semolina
- 125 ml (half cup) vegetable oil
- 125 ml (half cup) melted butter
- 2.5 ml (half tsp) instant yeast
- 7.5 ml (half tbsp) anise powder
- 7.5 ml (half tbsp) mahlab spices
- 250ml (1 cup) Anise water (1 tsp anise seeds,1 cup water)
- 250ml sugar (1 cup)
- 125 ml water (half cup)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp rose water
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 200 g white chocolate
- 100 g crushed pistachio
1-Mix the dry ingredients together.
2-Melt the butter and let it cool.
3- Prepare the anise water by boiling 1 tsp. anise seeds with 1 cup of water (let it cool to room temperature).
4- Add oil and butter to the mixture, mix well and start adding the anise water gradually. You might need a few more drops of water depending on the flour. Mix well and let it rest for 10 mins.
7- Start shaping the maakroun.
8- Fry on medium heat.
9- Remove from oil and directly deep sugar syrup for 20 seconds before placing on the serving plate.
- Mix water and sugar, bring to boil.
- Let it simmer for 10 mins.
- Add lemon juice with rose water and orange blossom water.
NB: For this quantity of macaroon, you need to double the sugar syrup quantity