Picture courtesy of beefitswhatsfordinner.com
• 500g tahini
• 3 cups orange juice
• 1 cup afande juice (mandarin)
• 1 cup bousfeir juice (Seville orange)
• 1 cup lemon juice
• 2 cups water
• 2 medium onions, julienned
• 1 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil to stir fry the onions
• Salt and white pepper to taste
• Kibbeh (frozen or freshly prepared)
- Boil the chickpeas for 30 minutes, drain and put aside.
- In a large pan, stir fry the onions with vegetable oil. Once the onions turn gold, add the chickpeas.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tahini with the citrus juices until the texture becomes homogenous.
- Add the tahini mixture to the onions and chickpeas to cook on a medium heat, and stir with a wooden spoon until the oil breaks at the surface.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, add the kibbeh to cook for 10 mins (15 minutes if the kibbeh is frozen).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with rice pilaf on the side.