- 12 x 200 g loin of Scottish salmon with skin
- Salt & pepper
Spiced orange carrot sauce
- 1 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ml carrot juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ginger, sliced with skin
- 1 tbs paprika
- 3 pieces star anise
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 3 pieces cloves
- Salt & pepper to taste
Herb citrus mix garnish
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- ½ cup green scallions, sliced fine
- 1 bundle chives, chopped fine
- 2 oranges wedges
- 2 blood orange wedges
- 2 grapefruit red grapefruit wedges
- Pink peppercorns
- Thin sliced carrots
- Aleppo pepper
Orange carrot sauce
1. Combine the orange and carrot juice with the ginger, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise and paprika and bring to a boil.
2. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Once it boils, let it gently simmer until it is consistent and thick like a sauce.
4. Check seasoning again and leave aside.
Seared Scottish salmon
1. Warm the oven ½ an hour before cooking the salmon to 400°F.
2. Season the salmon with salt & pepper.
3. Heat a sautéed pan until smoking hot; add vegetable oil and sear the salmon skin side down for a couple of minutes.
4. Place the sautéed pan with salmon in the oven and cook a further 3 minutes. Then turn the salmon on its back and cook for 1 minute.
5. Remove from the oven, remove the salmon and place on paper towel and pat dry.
For a healthier method
1. Season the salmon with salt & pepper.
2. Heat a sautéed pan, add the orange carrot sauce and bring to a boil.
3. Add the salmon to the pot.
4. Bring to a boil again. Let it boil for two minutes then cover with lid.
5. Let it cook gently on low heat for 2 minutes then turn off the fire.
6. Remove the salmon and place on paper towel and pat dry.
Place some orange carrot sauce on center of plate, add the salmon in the middle and garnish with the citrus fruits and herbs & spices.
FROM SAME CHEF