- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup warm mashed potatoes
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup warm water
- 8 tbsps. U.S. liquid eggs
- 8 tbsps. sugar
- 2 tsps. yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- Coffee to serve
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in water in a large bowl.
- Add butter, U.S. liquid eggs, potatoes, salt, remaining sugar and 2 cups of flour.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in raisins and remaining flour until soft dough is formed.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 6mins until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the dough.
- Cover and place in a warm place for 1h or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough and turn onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 8 portions and shape each into a ball.
- Place dough balls on a greased pan, cover and let rise for 30mins.
- Bake at 200°C for 25 mins or until brown.
- Let bread cool down for 10 mins before serving.
- Serve with coffee.
DID YOU KNOW
- U.S. Eggs are safe, wholesome and high-quality. They are versatile and can be incorporated in various recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Eggs are a nutritional powerhouse, with one egg containing 6 grams of high-quality protein and nine essential amino acids, all for 70 calories.
- Eggs are also an excellent source of choline — an essential nutrient critical for fetal brain development and that supports brain health at all stages of a person’s lifespan.
- Don’t toss the yolk! Yolks contain most of the egg’s nutrients — like choline, vitamin B12 and selenium — and more than 40 percent of the protein in an egg.
OTHER RECIPE BY USA POULTRY & EGG EXPORT COUNCIL