QUICK & EASY
SHRIMP TARTINA WITH AVOCADO
BY CHEF SLEIMAN KHAWAND
Serves 4 | Prep/Cooking Time 45 mins
- 600 g Indonesian shrimp [21/26]
- 3 avocados
- 5 bunches coriander (chopped)
- 2 bunches of dill (chopped)
- 200 g heavy cream
- 10ml lemon juice
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 3 bunches of spring onions
- 100 g red bell peppers
- 50 ml olive oil
- 8 pieces of crunchy chia bread
- 400 g beetroot
- Lemon zest to decorate
- White pepper and salt
- Wash and peel the shrimp. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, spring onions and red bell peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are bright pink and opaque, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Wash and boil the beetroot for around 30 minutes. Gring and add half of the heavy cream with salt, white pepper and dill.
- Peel the avocadoes and cut it macedoine.
- Chopped cherry tomatoes and mix them with the avocadoes and the rest of the heavy cream, lemon juice and salt.
- Fill the chia bread with the avocado mixture and sautéed shrimps.
- To display, start with the beetroot mixture, the chia bread and decorate with shrimp on top. Serve room temperature.