- 1 whole chicken
- 500 g orzo
- 100 ml cream
- 1 large onion
- 1000 ml white wine (optional)
- 200 g shredded Parmesan
- 600 g button mushrooms or Portobello
- 150 g dried porcini
- 1 whole garlic knob
- 2 cups broth (from soaked porcini and chicken juices)
- 100 g butter
- Cracked pepper
- 1 lemon cut in wedges
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Rock Salt
- Rub the whole chicken with lemon wedges, marinate in garlic, rosemary, olive oil and salt (marinate for at least 3 hours).
- Roast it in oven for 30 minutes with the whole garlic knob cut in half.
- Rinse well the dry porcini in cold water and soak in 1 cup of warm water.
- In a pan, fry the diced onion in butter until translucent, add the button mushrooms and the soaked porcini and fry them.
- Add the dry orzo and stir them.
- Pour over the white wine, and let sizzle.
- Add 2 cups of hot broth, combining the porcini infused water and all the juices from the roasted chicken.
- Put the oven roasted chicken in the middle of the pan, and let the orzo simmer on low fire while the chicken continues cooking.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then drizzle with cream, Parmesan and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Decorate with parsley and serve immediately
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY