- 800g dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 large onions
- 1 large tbsp summac
- Half lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 chicken thighs
- Pomegranate syrup
- Fresh pomegranate
- Toasted Pine nuts
- Toasted Almonds
- Salt/ Pepper
- Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken thighs with the mixture for at least 4h.
- Roll the dough into 4 equal round parts, and drizzle with olive oil and bake in oven.
- Roast the chicken thighs in oven on 200°C for 35 mins.
- Cut the onion into julienne, fry in vegetable oil while stirring continuously.
- Add the sumac and the olive oil once fully translucent and stop cooking .
- Pour the onion sumac olive oil mix onto the baked dough, put in oven for 5 mins.
How to serve it:
- Classic style: Take one dough with the mix, out over it one roasted thigh , drizzle with pomegranate syrup, some chopped parsley, pine nuts and fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Finger food style: Use the same ingredients, but chop the cooked chicken and add to the mixture. Use it as a filling for little pieces of Markouk bread and roll into little finger size rolls. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes .