- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsps cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp caraway powder
- 1 ½ tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup white & brown sugar (total ½ a cup)
- 1 egg
- Garnish with soaked peeled nuts & shredded coconut
1. Whisk flour, cinnamon, caraway, and cocoa, salt & set aside.
2. Cream butter with the white and brown sugar until creamy, add in the eggs, mix and now add the flour mixture (with spices) until a homogeneous dough is formed. Cover dough with nylon cling and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Roll dough between two parchment papers (butter papers) and use any cookie cutter to cut desired shapes or simply shape as balls and flatten as a disk.
4. Sprinkle coconut and arrange the previously soaked nuts and try to press the topping to stick well to the cookie surface.
5. Preheat oven 10min in advance at 175C and bake on the middle rack for about 12min (don’t broil the top).