- 1 cup green/black lentils (preferably beluga)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cucumbers cut in small cubes
- ½ red onions finely chopped in lime juice
- ½ bunch chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- fresh pomegranate and possibly thinly sliced vegetables (as pictured)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt + pepper
1. Wash the lentils and cook over medium heat with the cumin and 2 cups water for about 20 minutes (depending on the lentils), rinse with cold water immediately.
2. Do not salt the lentils as to preserve their skin. Salt after cooking.
3. For the sauce, whisk all the ingredients together, I like using plain yellow mustard, but Dijon works as well.
4. Mix the lentils with the cucumber, onion, cilantro, almonds and cranberries.
5. Add the sauce and serve.
6. You can top it with any vegetables you like or my favorite is fresh pomegranate and some orange segments).