- 40 sheets of filo dough (450g)
- 450g cashews, pistachios, walnuts, peanuts or pine
- 280g animal ghee
- 1 cup sugar syrup
1. Place a sheet of filo dough pastry into the pan and repeat the process until it is 20 sheets thick.
2. Sprinkle a rich layer of nuts (cashews, pistachios, walnuts, peanuts or pine) and cover it with additional 20 sheets of filo dough pastry.
3. Cut into equal sized squares using a sharp knife and pour the melted ghee over the baklava.
4. Bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes or until lightly golden brown, and edges appear slightly crisp.
5. Spoon the syrup over the hot baklava and let cool for couple of hours.
Tip: For best results, let baklava sit overnight at room temperature for the syrup to penetrate and soften the layers.