- 2x300g Australian Beef Striploin
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 2 bunches baby spinach/arugula
- 1 head of onion & garlic
- 1 green mango, sliced
- 1 passion fruit
- 100g slivered almonds, roasted
- 1 red bell pepper
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200ml mango puree
- 200ml beef stock
- 150g tomato paste
- Fresh mint & coriander leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic, tomato paste.
- Stirring frequently, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add Pepper and stir again.
- Stir in the lentils and the stock.
- Stir once and then add the coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender but not quite done, stirring occasionally.
- Depending on the type and freshness of the lentils, this will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Next, coat the meat with olive oil and drizzle with salt on each side.
- In a heated pan, cook the chops for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Once browned, remove from pan and allow to rest for 5-6 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Add coriander leaves, spinach, garlic and red bell pepper.
- Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Add the above mixture to the pot with lentils and mix well.
- Thinly slice the beef into slivers and add them to the pot along with the spinach mix Finally, top with almonds and sprinkle salt and pepper for added flavor.