- 540g all-purpose flour
- 560g butter
- 1 egg
- 180g white sugar
- 1kg confectioner’s sugar
- 35g egg whites
- 135g water
- 1 tsp vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg to the mixture and stir. Add the flour and mix all the ingredients together. Roll out the dough.
3. Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into the desired shape.
4. Set the cut cookie dough over a baking sheet and place it in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
5. In the meantime, mix all the ingredients of the royal icing together in a small bowl.
6. After the cookies have been removed from the oven and cooled, spread the royal icing between the cookie pieces and stack on top of each other.
7. Decorate with powdered sugar and sugar fondant.