- 500g prunes
- 350ml cognac
- Chestnut cream (recipe follows)
- Dark chocolate for coating
- 500g cooked chestnuts
- 375g caster sugar
- 120g water
- 2 vanilla pods
For the chesnut cream
1. Put the chestnuts in a bowl with water and bring to the boil.
2. Switch to the blender and recover the purée.
3. Add water, sugar, vanilla seeds and vanilla beans and mix over low heat; can be kept in the refrigerator.
1. Macerate the prunes in cognac overnight.
2. Drain the prunes.
3. Pipe the chestnut cream in the sliced prunes.
4. Temper the dark chocolate and coat the stuffed prunes with the chocolate before serving.