- 1000 g semolina
- 250 g fine semolina
- 150 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp maamoul spices
- 500 g butter
- 4 tbsp orange blossom water
- 300 g ground pistachios
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp Cardamom
- 8 tbsp rosewater and orange blossom
- Mix the dough ingredients, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix the filling ingredients and roll into equally small sized balls.
- In the palm of your hand, press and pat each ball of dough into a 2 3/4-inch round. Place a rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each round and draw the edges up and around the filling. Pinch the dough together to make a sealed ball, and then carefully roll the maamoul between your palms to make a smooth round ball. Use the maamoul mold to give the appropriate shape. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Preheat the oven to 18O°C, bake the maamoul until firm and slightly puffed, and the tops are pale but the bottoms are just beginning to turn slightly golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.