Oriental chicken stock
- 3000 ml water
- 3g cinnamon powder
- 1.5g sweet pepper
- 1g cumin powder
- 1g caraway powder
- 2g mastic
- 1g crushed cardamom
- 1.5g curcuma
- 1g nutmeg
- 4 chicken Maggi cubes or 15g chicken powder
- 20g cornflour
- 50g butter
- 1kg American rice
- 125g clarified butter or corn oil
- 1000g minced onions
- 500g medium ground beef
- 25g fried pistachios
- 25g fried almonds
- 25g fried pine nuts
- 50g dry grapes
- 15g beef stock powder
- 15g chicken stock powder
- 3g salt
- 20L Oriental chicken stock
For the preparation of the turkey, kindly check the step by step recipe.
For the oriental chicken stock:
1. Boil the stock and dissolve the powders.
2. Add all the spices, let it boil and reduce till it becomes 1L.
3. Thicken with cornflour.
4. Add butter.
For the oriental rice:
1. Wash the American rice in warm water, soak for 10 minutes and drain.
2. Heat the clarified butter or corn oil in a sauce pot.
3. Add minced onions and cook for 10 minutes on low heat till golden.
4. Add ground meat, cook turning frequently on medium heat while breaking up all lumps of meat and allow to cook till water evaporates.
5. Add fried mixed nuts, dry grapes, beef and chicken stock powder, salt and the soaked rice.
6. Stir and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
7. Add chicken stock, when it all comes to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes till it’s cooked.