Vanilla Cake Mix
- 6 Egg yolks
- 200g Sugar
- 100g Heavy cream 36%
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 160g All-purpose flour
- 4g Baking powder
- 60g Butter
Cocoa Cake Mix
- Egg Yolks
- 120g Sugar
- 70g Heavy Cream 36%
- 80g All-purpose Flour
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 2g Baking Powder
- 30g Butter
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar, then add the cream and vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and combine with the first mixture.
- Add the melted butter and mix. Store at room temperature.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar, then add the cream.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together and combine with the first mixture.
- Add the melted butter and mix again.
- Grease the cake tin and line with baking paper. Fill one piping bag with the vanilla mixture and another with the cocoa mixture.
- Fill the bottom of the cake tin with one third of the vanilla mixture, then add half of the cocoa mixture lengthwise into the middle of the vanilla mixture.
- Pipe in another third of vanilla mixture and put the rest of the chocolate mixture in its middle.
- Finish off by layering the final third of vanilla mixture across the top.
- Use a knife dipped in melted butter to make a split in the cake’s surface to help it rise in the oven.
- Bake at 150°C for approx. 60 minutes. Check it is fully baked by piercing the cake with a knife, if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Turn out onto a rack and leave it on its side for 10 minutes so it keeps its shape.