- 2 cups Osmalieh vermicelli
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp rosewater
- 2 tbsp low fat butter
- 2 tbsp sugar syrup (made of sugar substitute)
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup fat free milk powder
- ¾ cup rice powder
- ¼ cup sugar substitute
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 1 tbsp blossom water
- Combine the vermicelli and low fat butter in a saucepan and roast them until the vermicelli is slightly golden.
- Once ready, put them in a medium bowl and add the pistachios, sugar, rose water and sugar syrup.
- Mix everything well using an electrical blender until a smooth paste is formed.
- Press the mixture evenly over the base of a medium platter or tray.
- For the cream, combine the milk with the sugar and 2 cups of the water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Combine the remaining water with the corn flour and rice powder in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add the corn flour mixture to the simmering mixture and cook for about 4 mins, whisking constantly to prevent lumps forming, until simmering and very thick.
- Remove from the heat and cool, whisking occasionally so mixture remains smooth. Stir in the rosewater and blossom water.
- Spoon the cream over the prepared pistachio base, scatter over some crushed pistachios and serve.