- 600g diced beef (cut into 3cm cubes)
- 150g button mushrooms
- 2 green onions, cut into 3cm lengths +extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) oyster sauce
- Asian greens, brown rice, coriander sprigs, sliced chilli (optional), to serve
- Thread the beef, mushrooms, onions and capsicum alternatively onto the skewers.
- Brush skewers with oil and oyster sauce and season.
- Heat a barbecue over medium-high heat.
- Cook kebabs for 8-10 mins, turning often, or until lightly charred and cooked through. Rest on a plate loosely covered with foil for 5 mins.
- Serve beef kebabs with Asian greens, rice, coriander, extra green onions and chilli, if desired
- You can dice your own beef using rump, striploin, rib eye or tenderloin
- Resting the kebabs ensures maximum tenderness and locks the juices into the beef.
- You could also use beef mince in this recipe – roll mince into balls or kofta shapes.
- Use microwave rice of your choice to save time.
- Leftover kebabs can be removed from the skewer and added to a salad or wrap for a delicious lunch.