- 1 Australian Leg of Lamb
- 5 White Onions
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 10 Black Peppercorns
- 4 cups Lamb Stock
- 2 Carrots
- 4 Potatoes, peeled & cut in cubes (soaked in water)
- 3 Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cut in cubes (soaked in water)
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (soaked in water)
- 2 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Butter (salted)
- Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- In a large hot pot, add oil, the leg of lamb and fry until golden brown.
- Next, add to the pot the onions, sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves, stock and brown sugar.
- Cover and place in a preheated oven for about 6 hours, until lamb is tender.
- To make the rice, in a smaller pot, add butter followed by onions and rice. Add boiling water and salt and stir gently; then cover tightly and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, cover and rest for 30 minutes before serving.
- Place lamb in a serving dish with the rice and vegetables and drizzle with the lamb juice.